Why I Quit Coffee and How I did it with Green Tea
Why I Quit Coffee
I cherished those moments first thing in the morning as I coveted my cup of coffee. I bought the dark organic beans freshly ground, smelled heavenly… I could not survive without this start… However, what I noticed was this:
- I felt dehydrated
- My breath was not the best (my kids loved to share this information with me regularly)
- I needed a 2nd and 3rd cup throughout the day
- I had restless nights more
- I was becoming a slave to coffee
- If I needed to stay up past 10:pm, I needed several cups of coffee to do so
- I did not feel like all my healthy food was absorbing as well
- Coffee was owning me instead of me owning it
- I was getting caffeine rushes and then dips way down shortly after
- The wake up affect was loosing it’s power, which required more coffee
Well I am proud to say it has been several months now that coffee does not own me! I have kicked the daily habit and now every so often, I will enjoy a quality cup of coffee or espresso after a meal (about once every other month or so) and I enjoy it! It wakes me up those few moments I really need it much better. I own coffee now, it does NOT own me anymore!
This is How I Quit Coffee
Seriously, I tried to quit coffee several times before and nothing worked for me, I would get those headaches and the yearning was too strong and I caved every time! I tried black tea in am’s, that worked for awhile but still did not do the job.. I tried regular brewed green tea several times and that felt like nothing was happening to help me switch over. Doctors, articles and health conscious people would tell me to drink green tea daily and the many health benefits of it.. I really tried, I did, but it was hard to switch from coffee to green tea daily. At best I did strong black tea in am with a green tea bag as well. However, seek and you shall find…and I found! I love to read about health, ask healthy people questions, fine tune my health regimen to improve (always room for improvement). Sometimes I need to hear something 5 times from 5 different sources before it clicks and I give it a try. I have been wanting to change my coffee habits for a long time and FINALLY I found a routine that really works for me. And it is with green tea after all!
My Daily Green Tea Routine
- Start my day with green tea extract supplements, Cell Pro 7, and my large cup of room temperature or warm fresh lemon water, the green tea extract supplements, Cell Pro 7, wakes ME UP within 3 minutes like never before! It has some caffeine but the pick me up is mostly from the mitochondria protection it gives my cells protecting the energy source from all the free radicals which boosts my energy in a way that I REALLY FEEL it, no joke! A friend who is healthy and a well researched person found these green tea supplements from Switzerland and has been using them for over 4 years and recommended them to me… they are Cell Pro 7, I have been taking them now for 6 1/2 months. Not all green tea extracts are created equal, what is special about these supplements is a Switzerland pharmacist, Dr. Hans Holzgang, found a way to extract the ECGC(the anti aging anti cancer antioxidant) in the highest concentrated way and keeping it active, their green tea supplements are superior as to why Cell Pro 7 is a little on the pricy side.. How many you take is how many decades you are, so in your 40’s take 4 daily, 50’s, 5 daily, etc… what I did is buy one bottle on amazon to try it out, once I knew I loved them, I called the distributor in Kansas who can sell you 6 bottles (bulk) at a time giving you a price that is 1/3 of retail per bottle.. These have been a game changer for me. LOVE THEM! Here is distributor’s information if you ever wanted to go this route. Judy Dudley, email@example.com, office: 800-457-2873, cell 316-734-6739
- Then about 15 minutes after I take my green tea supplements I covet a warm beverage of my choice, it is either bone broth, dandelion tea latte, coriander cumin fennel tea, peppermint licorice tea or green tea (I have been enjoying Teavana’s Gyokuro Imperial loose premium green tea)… and I enjoy one of these warm beverages while I am wide awake and feeling ready to take on my day.. I enjoy one of these warm beverages throughout the day, especially with my meals I will drink the coriander cumin fennel tea or the licorice peppermint tea since they aid in digestion. I DO NOT Miss coffee one bit! All of these taste amazing, satisfy me and fills me up with so many more nutrients than coffee.
- On afternoons I need a special PICK ME UP, I make this powerful Matcha Green Tea Latte… This Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe that has coconut milk and vanilla stevia is SOOOOOO DELICIOUS! Seriously, I am in love with all of these drinks WAY More than coffee. The Matcha Latte I only need a few times a week if that.
- In my purse, I carry tea bags of my favorite quality teas, I will also make tea in a mason jar when I am on the go and put a lid on it and take it with me to enjoy later if I am out for a few hours or more. Most places these days offer tea and good quality teas.. I can’t find my coriander cumin fennel tea or licorice tea at cafes but I certainly find peppermint and mint teas and green teas no problem.
What Benefits I have noticed since starting this Green Tea Daily Regimen
- Even keel low anxiety energy throughout the entire day
- Amazing mental focus
- A new pep in my step
- A gigantic white blood cell count increase just two weeks on the green tea extract supplements
- Incredible ability to follow through with some of my dreams like developing this health blog, homeschooling my kids, having the complete discipline to do a deep gut protocol cleanse that lasts 10 weeks and starting classical ballet classes!
- My breath is MUCH fresher!
- Better sleep
- Anti aging in my skin
These are all the benefits I noticed and saw proof of in my blood work… There are many other benefits going on at the cellular level that gives me a sense of peace and knowing I am doing something REALLY good for my body.
DNA & Cellular Benefits of Green Tea
- Hello, ANTI AGING! Green tea is one of the BEST anti aging things we can consume! Whereas I feel coffee ages you. The intensified anti aging benefits specifically from the Cell Pro 7 kicks in deep on a cellular level after the 6 month mark
- AND just as much it fights cancer, prevents cancer and inhibits tumor growth
- Boosts your energy and mental focus without jitters
- Boosts your metabolism and burns fat
- Promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss
- Promotes oral health
- Lowers cholesterol
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Helps protect your cells from DNA damage from free radicals
All my product recommendations you can find on one consolidated page, my Marketplace page
Are you trying to quit coffee? Do you have a favorite green tea?
Leave a Reply