This paleo coconut crusted chicken recipe is SCRUMPTIOUS!! I have been making this 2012, learned about it from Stella Metsovas, a Laguna Beach nationally known nutrition/digestive health specialist. And it is SUPER EASY to make… If this sounds good to you, YOU WILL LOVE IT!!! Crowd pleaser meal!
What I love about this and my kids and family and any guest I feed this to loves is that it takes like comfort food but with no white flour, only coconut flour and shredded coconut first coated in egg (pasture raised chicken eggs) and then cooked in coconut oil with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice on top.. It is comforting and has a zest that is out of this world…. KIDS Love this, young and teens! I almost always have fresh lemons and eggs in my home…. and chicken in my freezer along with coconut flour and shredded coconut I store in my freezer as well and I always have coconut oil on hand, so I can pretty much make this without planning all the time.. it takes a few ingredients and can throw this together last minute which I love.. Easy and readily available to make..
The Nutrients in Coconuts and why recipes like Coconut Crusted Chicken are good to add to your diet
If you love coconuts, learn how to crack open a fresh coconut the EASY way and drink the water and scoop out the coconut meat to eat on one of my previous posts.. and all the benefits of adding coconuts to your diet GREAT snack!
What is your favorite chicken recipe? Have you tried making this one?
- 2 table spoons of Coconut oil
- Package of organic chicken tenders
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- ½ cup of shredded coconut
- 3 eggs
- Sea Salt
- Fresh lemon
- Mix coconut flour, shredded coconut and salt and pepper in a bowl, set aside.
- Beat 3 eggs in another bowl.
- Warm coconut oil on stove in frying pan on medium heat.
- Dip chicken tenders in egg, coat them well.
- Dip chicken strip in flour mixture, coat well.
- Set in heated pan with coconut oil, continue to do this until pan is full of chicken.
- Cook chicken about 4 minutes on each side, until chicken is just cooked all the way through.
- Add more coconut oil if needed while cooking chicken.
- Serve with fresh lemon squeezed over chicken.
- Amazing!!!!! The zest of the lemon adds just the right punch!