Zoodles with Meat Sauce & Fresh Basil
20 minute meal.. I love easy and deliciously healthy! You are going to need a simple zoodle maker, I love the Veggetti Spiral Slicer, it is so easy to use, durable, reliable and only 10 bucks on Amazon. I linked to it for you.
Ingredients for Zoodles with Meat Sauce
- ½ onion
- 3 cubes (or cloves) of garlic
- A few table spoons of olive oil
- 3 zucchini
- 1 pound of ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 1 16 oz jar of pasta sauce
- Fresh basil
- Pinch of pink salt to taste if desired
- In bowl, spiral slice the zucchini, set aside. Put two frying pans on stove. Brown turkey in one while you saute the onions in the olive oil in the other. On medium heat, saute the onions until translucent (about 4 minutes), add garlic to saute (about 1 minute). Add the jar of pasta sauce to the onions/garlic saute, then add the browned turkey meat to pasta sauce. Sprinkle with some fresh basil, turn the flame down to low and put a lid on to simmer and absorb the flavors, about 5 minutes. Now add the zoodles to the pasta sauce and fold in thoroughly. Put lid back on and let simmer/steam for about 3 minutes more. You are now ready to serve! Sprinkle fresh basil and parmesan cheese if you like.