Thai Vegetable Coconut Soup
This Thai Coconut Vegetable Soup is so easy and fast, so fresh, so delicious! My diet consists of vegetables, organic meat, seafood, fish, dark chocolate (70% plus cocoa), water, teas, some coffee (hopefully quit that soon), and red wine.. some fruit.. recently I cut out full fat dairy… and also night shades which can contribute to inflammation (tomatoes, mushrooms, eggplant, peppers, potatoes – potatoes are starchy and I have not eaten those in years, I stick to sweet potatoes and they are not considered a night shade). I love health, cooking fresh food and I am in the kitchen everyday cooking, from making salads, baking chicken, pork, lamb, etc… to making all kinds of easy homemade soups, juicing, smoothies, and stir fry veggies. Cooking healthy organic real food and sharing a meal is one of my favorite things in the world… So many fun easy recipes I make daily and will be sharing more to come soon… Also things about finding a good doctor who can take care of many of your health needs from a functional nutritional way who also is an MD and takes care of prescriptions and does annual paps.. I will be sharing all about that too soon as it is always good to hear about good doctor referrals. Being a cancer survivor, I have cancer cells and taking good care of my health keeps cancer at bay and a healthy life… plus eating real fresh food that makes you feel good is such a joyous event..Come join a meal with me one day and see….. and so nice to not ever go to bed too full or with an upset tummy.. and as we age, taking great care of our health helps keep us energy efficient, and slows down aging. Ok, now on to this easy yummy recipe!!
My recipe below has links to some great products to buy on amazon prime that I use and recommend. Cheaper to buy than places like Whole Foods. And I buy a larger quantity that drives down the price as well. I use coconut oil, coconut milk and celtic and Himalayan salt a lot.. and if you start cooking like me, you will too!
If you have a favorite healthy Thai Soup Recipe or ingredient products you like, please share it with me in the comments, I learn a lot from other health nut foodies too!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 quart organic vegetable or chicken stock or homemade bone broth
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 head broccoli, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ teaspoon of Celtic Sea Salt
or Pink Himalayan Salt
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro, minced
- Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium heat
- Add onion, stirring frequently until softened, about 10 minutes
- Stir in broth and coconut milk turning flame up a bit and bring to a simmer
- Reduce heat to medium, add broccoli and ginger and cook until broccoli is bright green, 3-5 minutes
- Stir in lime juice and salt
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with cilantro
- Serve WOWZIE, This is GOOOOOOOOOD!
Grace, my daughter, loves to help in the kitchen… she is the master baker and great sous chef.