Simple Cauliflower Soup
This simple cauliflower soup is SOOOO EASY to make and tastes like a master chef made it! This simple technique you can make with many other soups as well, just substitute out the cauliflower with your vegetable of choice… I make this exact same recipe with sweet potato (my daughter’s favorite), potato & leek (my son’s favorite). This recipe only takes A FEW ingredients… Onion which I almost always have on hand since every week I buy several onions, garlic which I have fresh most of the time but ALWAY have in my freezer Crushed Garlic Cubes… if you do not know about these frozen garlic cubes, then this is a GREAT TIP for you!!! You can buy them at Trader Joes or Whole Foods. I use these all the time and they are easy to always have on hand! And lastly you need broth and coconut milk or heavy whipping cream which is optional and Pink Himalayan Salt or Celtic Sea Salt® to taste, these salts give us amazing trace minerals our body needs, typical ionized table salt is totally different and so bad for you… where these salts are SOOO GOOD for you and offer minerals WE NEED! Click here to read my post all about the benefits of Himalayan Pink Salt and Celtic Sea Salt®..
I make this soup with coconut milk keeping it dairy free and paleo style which my body loves…. my kids like to add in the heavy whipping cream instead.. Full fat organic heavy whipping cream is a great and healthy fat to use if you include dairy in your diet.
One of my favorite kitchen gadgets is my Cuisinart Immersion Hand Blender
!!!!! This so easily whips up the soup in the pot without having to transport the soup to a blender… SO MUCH EASIER!!! I LOVE EASE, GREAT QUALITY AND DELICIOUS!
What is your favorite homemade soup recipe?
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 frozen cubes of crushed garlic or 2 large pressed fresh garlic
- 1 yellow or white onion
- 32 ounces of broth (vegetable, chicken or beef broth) homemade bone broth or organic store bought
- ½ can of Coconut Milk
or ⅔ cup of heavy whipping cream
- Pink Himalayan Salt
or Celtic Sea Salt
to taste, about ½ teaspoon
- in large pot melt coconut oil on medium heat
- add garlic and onion and saute soft and a bit caramelized, about 5 mins.
- add cauliflower and toss and saute with onion & garlic for a few more minutes
- add broth, should just cover vegetables
- let simmer on med heat until cauliflower is soft, about 30 mins
- turn flame off and add coconut milk and salt, then take your hand emersion blender and whip it up and serve... Or you can transport your soup into your blender and whip it up.
Leave a Reply