Healthy way to infuse holiday aroma in your home instead of toxic air fresheners
Do we ever get blinded by media, advertisements and what appears good since everyone is doing it… And I am talking about the typical plug ins and fragrant air freshener candles and sprays you see plentiful in grocery stores and the like! I was a sucker for all of this myself..
Why you should not use typical commercial plugins, fragrant candles and air fresheners
- Causes indoor air pollution
- Phthalates, chemicals that are found in air fresheners and often plastics, pose health risks linked to cancer, asthma, birth defects, diabetes and so on… Here is a research article on air fresheners posing risk for birth defects.
- There are numerous chemicals in these fragrance chemicals that react with common indoor air pollutants which produce serious health hazards. Research article from consumer product safety commission.
What simple solutions with Air Fresheners to use that are healthy and gives a Holiday Fragrant
- My favorite air diffuser, just add essential oil drops to this for an amazing air freshener! I found this excellent diffuser at the 5 star hotel Surf & Sand in Laguna Beach, Ca’s spa.. they were selling it for $99… and I found it on Amazon for 1/2 that price at $49!!!! I love Amazon.. Here is link to this Spa Ceramic Diffuser Make sure you use filtered water.
- Quality Essential Oils to use with your air diffuser for a Holiday Fragrant, Cinnamon, Pine or a Holiday Blend to name a few… A reputable brand on Amazon that I like is Plant Therapy, they give fair prices for high quality essential oils. Each one of these essential oils are loaded with health benefits from healthy brain function, relieving depression, stimulating libido, decreasing inflammation and so much more…
- For candles, beeswax is a great holistic alternative, this brand is good and has a holiday fragrant.
- To learn 6 easy steps to make the air healthier in your home, read my post that gives you these steps if you would like to learn more..
All my favorite products you can find on my Marketplace page also!
Leave a Reply