Butternut Squash Cider Soup
This soup is nutritious and MOUTH Watering GOOD! Simple as that! And best of all, it is EASY, that is the way I roll… Perfect soup to make during this winter season. Chef Christina Lundahl shows us how!
Butternut Squash Cider Soup Recipe
- 1 butternut squash 1 1/2 lbs – 2 lbs (or you can buy the pre-cut cubed squash)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 plus garlic cloves, pressed
- Apple cider, approx. 1 – 1 1/2 cups
- Boiled or baked chicken breast, about 2 – 2 1/2 cups, shredded (or pre-cooked rotisserie chicken shredded)
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Italian parsley to garnish
Sauté chopped onion in olive oil until a little glossy. Add pressed garlic, stir in until fragrant. Add butternut squash, sauté a few more minutes.
Add broth and cider to cover the squash. Sprinkle salt & pepper over mixture. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer about 20-25 minutes or until soft.
Strain soft simmered contents out and into a blender (or use a hand immersion blender right in pot). Blend ingredients and then add back into pot. Season with more salt & pepper as well as nutmeg.
Add shredded chicken. (that was baked or boiled and shredded ahead of time). Keep over heat until chicken is warm.
Was so fun working with Christina! She is from Sweden, fun and an amazing cook! Our behind the scenes photos….