4 ways to include daily probiotics in your diet for gut health!
4 Ways I include daily probiotics
- Fermented Food: Each day I Include a fermented food between a Kombucha beverage (a sparkling probiotic tea that is chilled) or a fermented food like sauerkraut or Kimchi.
- Probiotic supplement: I Take a daily probiotic supplement, my favorite supplement line is Systemic Formulas (TOTALLY AMAZING!) you can only buy this brand through a licensed healthcare practitioner, you can check out their website. Other great brands are Thorne & Douglas Laboratories and you can buy from them directly. Your local health food stores will carry good brands also, and there is usually a very knowledgeable person working in their supplement departments you can talk to to help you.
- Probiotic Green Powder: I also use a green powder in my smoothies called “Green Vibrance” which is an advanced daily superfood with 25+ billion probiotics. You can find this product on my Marketplace page as well as a lot of my favorite products.
- Organic Dirt on local organic produce: I buy my vegetables from my local organic farm “South Coast Farms“. Eating local organic produce, what is in season and from organic soil, brings natural probiotics from the soil on the vegetables into your digestive tract and helps aid in digestive health.. Dr. Marcola talks about this in this article why dirt is important. Eating from LOCAL organic farms is key to getting what your body needs best in the local environment we live..
Ideas for eating SauerKraut and Kimchi
- German Knockwurst with Sauerkraut and dijon mustard!!!! EASY and delicious lunch or quick dinner. See my recipe for this.
- I make a small bowl of Kimchi for a snack, Kimchi is a bit of an acquired taste, a bit tangy by itself but I like it! Korean food serves a small portion of Kimchi with almost every meal they eat.. I buy my Kimchi either at an Asian market in Costa Mesa or at Wholefoods.
- Drinking 1/2 bottle of Kombucha daily is pretty much my routine on top of eating the fermented food at least a few times a week. Kombucha is about $3 a bottle and I feel 1/2 bottle is sufficient daily, it spreads out the cost!
All my product recommendations you can find on one consolidated page, my Marketplace page.