WOW, I am LOVING these workouts, and seeing and feeling results! AMAZING! I am all about HIGH QUALITY, RESULTS and QUICK & EASY. Finding the time to do regular workouts that make a difference AND easy to sustain are big challenges for me and many people. What I LOVE about this workout is NO EQUIPMENT NEEDED and can be done anywhere (home, on vacation, on a lunch break, etc.) Only 15 minutes 4 times a week is needed.. read on…..
How to do Burst Workouts
- Need about 15 minutes of your time: No equipment needed, but you can add in dumbbells for added intensity as you progress if you like.
- Workout on a fasted stomach: 1st thing in the morning right after my morning warm beverage (bone broth with coconut oil, lemon and pink salt) is when I get this workout out of the way. My last meal is my sizable dinner the night before consisting of high fat, medium quality protein and a lot of greens, this technique is called intermediate fasting which makes your body a FAT Burning machine combined with burst workouts. After your workout, wait at least two hours before you eat which trains your body to be the most efficient FAT Burning machine ever! Read the links on Dr. Pompa’s site that discussing the science and research on this technique.
- 30-60 Seconds of a burst high intensity movement: Do a high intensity (at 80% maximum heart rate) exercise for 30-60 seconds, where you cannot talk and breathing heavy. Like a fast sprint (in place or outside), push ups, sit ups, burpees, squats, lunges or tricep push ups, etc…
- 1-2 minutes of complete rest or low intensity movement: Then completely rest or do a low intensity movement like basic stretches or yoga stretches for 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat 4-6 times: I use an app on my smart phone called Tabata Pro, LOVE IT! You can customize the workout and rest times, it is awesome! I don’t have to think, I just follow the alerts from this app on when to start and stop during this interval burst workout.
Benefits of Burst Workouts
- Fat Burner: Burns fat for up to 36 hours
- A good stress on our body that improves our mind.
- Triggers your HGH (Human Growth Hormone) production which contributes to the fat burning and anti aging, HGH is your fountain of youth!
- Slows aging down a lot!
- Saves time: For results you only need to do 15 minutes four time a week. You can do more if you like, but if just starting out exercising then start with the minimum with no added weights, then you can build from there with more days, weights and a little longer sessions, but you really do not need to do more than 4-5 times a week at 20 minutes max.
- Trains your body for great muscle tone, and anti aging benefits!
- Improves your MOOD tremendously!
- Super EASY!
- Can be done anywhere with no equipment.
Burst workouts create a youthful body and mind… Sprinters are more youthful and have better physiques than long distance runners who age faster, wear their bodies out and develop chronic inflammation in their joints, because our bodies do not do well with long workouts that wear our bodies down.. Doing short intervals and resting lets our bodies recover and builds health. I am not he expert on all this but Dr. Pompa is, you can read more about it on his site, he has numerous articles and research where he also explains doing burst training with intermediate fasting for maximum anti aging, fat burning and health benefits, he also has information on a lot of research and the science behind these techniques.
I do the intermediate fasting technique about every other day, and the days in between I drink a smoothie for breakfast and/or add collagen peptides to my morning bone broth. I added the links for my smoothie combo technique and also my bone broth recipe which also has information on how to order it if you do not want to go through the process of making it. You can also find great smoothie recipes on my Recipe/Beverages page. For my wake up I take green tea extracts as opposed to drinking coffee, you can read why I quit coffee with green tea here. To see more of my daily regimens and lift style, follow me on instagram @sheriglows.
All I can tell you is that I have been doing this for several months now and the results I am noticing are amazing! I am HOOKED. I am even getting my kids to do these workouts. They are not as consistent as I would like them to be yet, but it is a start! Lead by example!
All my product recommendations you can find on one consolidated page, my Marketplace page
Leave a Reply